To change your name, you will need to complete and sign a Membership Application, and provide legal proof of your name change (e. g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.) You can take care of this at a branch, or call the Member Service Center at 301-497-7000 or 800-787-8328 to request the necessary paperwork be mailed to you.