Tower cannot remove a joint owner from an existing account. You will need to perform a switch in account. This means that we will close the current account, and move all accounts, loans, etc. to a new account number. You can take care of this at a branch, or call the Member Service Center at 301-497-7000 or 800-787-8328 to request the necessary paperwork be mailed to you.